Tonight was the mid-night. Last night was opening night. It was INSANE!!!
I feel like we had a LOT more energy last night than we did tonight, but tonight was generally better because we didn't rush too many of the lines.
Also, the love interest DID tell me to kiss him tonight (he forgot to last night). So yeah.
I think the bigger energy yesterday came from the fact that yesterday was opening night, and the general meh energy tonight is the fact that it's Middle Night. It's not closing night; it's not opening night. It's just... here. And we're just... performing.
True, there was probably a bigger crowd tonight than there was last night, but still. I feel like there was less anticipation tonight because we knew we could totally pull this shindig off.
And we DID pull it off.
And it was awesome.
I think my favorite part of the night was when I was hug-attacked by a bunch of my friends tonight - a few of them knew each other, but I was hug-attacked by like five friends within a few minutes of each other, so it was like, "ATTACK THE STAR!!! YAY!!!"
I was also told I had done well by several younger siblings and a lot of parents too, which was kind of... wow. The only time I've been told I've done well in a show by a younger sibling was when I had twelve lines as a robot in eighth grade. I wasn't a big part then, but I had to have the most character. I was a freaking tempramental ROBOT!!!
By the way, it was one of my most favorite (favoritest?) parts EVER. Except for this one, of course. :)
In other news, this is one of the few times that I didn't go to Silver Diner after a Friday show. I really don't feel like going - not only is it going to be loud and crowded and a hassle, AND I have no cash, I'm going to get back at midnight and then get like two hours of sleep and then run on complete adrenaline all day tomorrow, which really sucks.
I mean, running on adrenaline is fine, except when you have a three-hour rehearsal and also a closing performance in which you are the main character.
Yeah, adrenaline running? Not so fun then.
No comments:
Post a Comment