Well, the title says the truth. I am, indeed, procrastinating on homework. It's a horrible habit and I'm trying to kick it. Sadly, this is not going very well.
The good news is that I can do about half of my remaining work on the computer. The bad news is that the materials (the sheet with the essay prompts and my binder and my notebook) are all in my room, NOT in the room with the computer.
Sigh.
Anyway, in other news, I went to the Renaissance Festival (also known as the Renn Fest) on Saturday. Once again, it was supremely cool and I enjoyed it immensely. And, it being my last year for a while, I actually dressed up this year. Admittedly, my costume was probably the most ridiculous non-Renaissance costume while still attempting to be sort of Renaissance that I could have possibly put together, but I liked it and it was fun. I wore these super huge black fairy wings, a bodice, a lime green tank top, these wide blue patchwork trousers I got in Bern, and a cool blue mask I got in Venice. The only bad thing was that my wings, as I said before, were huge, so I had to walk sideways while in a lot of the stores and I even opted out of going to look at books because of the room I took up while wearing them was disproportionate to the room available in the shop. On the other hand, I was greeted by the King while I was waiting for my friends to finish with the books. That was cool. There was no photo of us two because my friends were in the book store, but it was still cool.
Probably because of the mask and the wings, I was in at least two photos of people taking photos of people who dressed up. I think. I saw at least one for sure because it was sort of close quarters (not awkard, but close enough to not have reasonable doubt that it was anybody else), but the other one was kind of at a distance so the person could have been zoomed in on someone else. Either way, both of the photos occurred while I was eating. I think I was either holding a chicken nugget or I was in the process of biting it when the first of the photos occurred. Yeah, really good photobomb of the subject there.
Anyhoo, what I got at the Renn Fest, in case you were wondering, was a henna tattoo of the Chinese symbol for luck, a pair of really cool leather cuffs that are embossed with Calico Jack's insignia on his Jolly Roger (I think... whoever has the one with the skull and the crossed swords underneath it) and a 'scoop.' The scoop is the forerunner of the hair net and the 16th century's solution for bad hair days for girls (I suppose it could apply to dudes, but I've never seen any photos or paintings or drawings of any guys wearing them, so I don't think so). It's worn on the crown of the head, and the wearer put all their hair inside it, like we do nowadays when you get a bad haircut. It's designed to hold back hair and look really cool because it's all lacy and colorful and stuff. I probably won't be wearing it in the same style of olde, but I like it anyway.
Anyways again, other news still: the musical was announced on Friday. This year, for the first time since our current director has been at our school, we aren't doing a show set in New York. Although I'm glad for the variety of setting, I'm kind of worried about the accents that we will have to pull off in order to successfully do the show without everyone judging us. Why?
The show this year is "Oklahoma."
Although I'm rather psyched about the show, I don't want to be ensemble AGAIN (but, of course, I'll probably wind up being ensemble anyway because I'm not a supremely brilliant singer), I don't know what other part I can pull off. I'm not sure I can do the accent very well without sounding like I'm trying too hard - with accents, it's easy to tell, especially with the Western accent.
Oh, well. November is going to be ridiculously busy anyway, what with NaNoWriMo and AND the musical AND college applications. Maybe that will finally make me lose and/ or ditch the title of being the World's Biggest Procrastinator.
Well, you can never start too early on that sort of thing. I'm going to go do things of an academic nature now.
Well, I'm going to sign off with the intent of doing things of an academic nature. Whether I actually wind up doing them is another matter entirely.
Farewell for now, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment