well, I'm back. You just can't get rid of me, can you? I'm here to STAY!!! Not really, though. Just till next week. Just kidding.
What I really don't get, though, is how people can think that Wuthering Heights is the greatest love story ever. True, there's love, hate, love, crazy people, and marrying other people in Wuthering Heights. But what about the falling in love, moms with epic amounts of fail, thinking you're in love, finding out the dude's a jerk, having a seemingly annoying dude like you, falling in love with the seemingly annoying guy, having your sister marry the jerk, and having your OTHER sister marry the guy of her dreams not qualify as a pretty decent love story? (that was pride and prejudice in a nutshell by the way. Except I left out the part about your idiot of a cousin proposing to you. But that's what they did in those days.) True, Pride and Prejudice might be a bit (okay, a LOT) more confusing, but I wouldn't know. I haven't read Wuthering Heights, so I wouldn't know which was more confusing. I admit that Pride and Prejudice, when I did read it for an English project, confused me to death over winter break, until I saw the Keira Knightly movie (I love it. And I have no reason to think otherwise because I have not had the time, energy, or thought process when the two were together to go out and see the Colin Firth version.), because I honestly think that images with words are easier to process than epic amounts of words that are written in a style that you can't understand with words that you don't know the definition to. That's annoying.
But, of course, the Keira Knightly movie does have some downfalls. Like they left out some bits. Like.....I can't remember any. Because I didn't fully comprehend the details of the plot. Oh! I remember now! Mr. Bingly had two sisters! And in the movie there was only one! But that was probably because the older sister was already married so she couldn't have some epic betrayal because that wasn't morally right in those days. But, seriously, to be quite honest, near the end I just went to the library and got the Cliffnotes for Pride and Prejudice. But my friend has the Colin Firth version, which apparently has everything in the book and then some that wasn't. But I wouldn't know. I've already forgotten half of it.
Seriously, the only time I remember having fun when reading Pride and Prejudice was when I wasn't technically reading it-I was singing the words along with the Mamma Mia movie soundrack and the Broadway Lion King soundtrack. Granted, I don't really remember anything that happened during the time I was singing it, but still. Even though it took way too long to sing, I still couldn't understand half of it, and later on I could barely remember what happened, the point is, singing songs with completely different words is fun and hilarious. Especially when you're singing how someone is such an idiot that you can't stand it to the tune of Dancing Queen or Hakuna Matata. Because seriously, who doesn't love Abba or the Lion King? I mean really, people. They're something you can't exactly go your whole life without hearing without being seriously deprived of things that are quite awesome.
I really love parodies. That's why I asked if I could write a parody to an Abba song (go figure!) for my project. I was seriously considering just taking an excerpt from the book and making the words line up with the song, like I loved to do, but noooooo I had to actually rewrite an ENTIRE SONG!!!! actually it wasn't that hard, but still.
No comments:
Post a Comment