Wednesday, February 11, 2009

more rants :)

It's almost spring! Or it feels like it!!! This is good!!! and bad....stupid global warming.... anyway, warm is warm and warm means spring and spring means my birthday. Yay!!!
I decided to try out for Robin Hood. No, I'm not trying out TODAY, auditions for today already happened. I'm auditioning tomorrow. There's one female part that looks interesting-Sister Felicity. She's not Maid Marian, but then again, I don't really want to be the screaming girl in the tower. Which is why Sister Felicity seems cool. Because, according to the character description that the drama teacher posted, she is the one "who protects Robin Hood." ??? since when did Robin Hood need protecting. I don't care. Being able to do awesome things with fake swords in those things that nuns wear would be pretty friggin awesome. Or whatever she does. Which, as far as I know, doesn't involve being the damsel in distress. Which is a good thing.
Anyway who would want to be the damsel in distress? being distressed is no fun. But whatever. Robin Hood is amazing!
Funnily enough, though, I don't really want to go into drama in college. Well, I do, but like as a side thing. I kinda wanna major in writing. Or something like that. Apparently there are quite a few in-state colleges that offer creative writing as a major. Which would be cool. But then, I never seem to be able to finish a story. So that might be a downside to majoring in creative writing. But on the upside, there's also journalism, drama, and like five bazillion colleges for music. But I might go into drama. I don't know. But I don't care. I read somewhere that it isn't a good idea to go into college knowing what you want to study because then you're really limited. But I could also like major in like drama and minor in creative writing or music or journalism or something. Or any combination.
The thing is, though, I wish we hadn't done West Side Story in winter. Yes, winter was a good time to have done it, since both winter and West Side Story are very bleak and depressing, but it would have been more fun to do West Side Story now because now we don't have to stay inside all the time. Which isn't fun. But on the other had, Robin Hood is more of a spring type of thing, because he's all outdoors all the time and whatnot. Plus it's just more fun to rehearse when it's not freezing cold outside and like completely dark. And the director, granted I get in, is willing to let me take a few days off a week to study for the black belt test. Which is good. Because I pinkie swore my tae kwon do instructor that I would go to the test this time. But seriously, this time I'm ready. I mean, the test over the summer was a real shock when it was suggested, and last fall I was expecting it but I still wasn't prepared, but this time, I'm expecting it, I know most of the stuff because of the summer/fall cram sessions, and I am quite sure I know that I can review the sparring stuff that I need to review because mom taped them. So she got a video of me flipping the instructor over. Which is pretty awesome.
I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of blogging this much. But I don't care. It's like writing...except not. Okay, it is writing. But still. It's not the same if I'm writing in my journal journal or doing a story in a notebook. I don't know what the difference is except for the fact that this is online and I'm not using up my pen's limited supply of ink. Or the planet's limited supply of trees and oxygen. Which brings me to the point that.............I don't know. Oh I know! The World History teacher uses way too much paper! Yes! That's my point! Well, no it isn't, but whatever. I have no point. But he DOES use way too much paper. He has at least a hundred students and he gives out about ten readings a week to each person, plus handouts, plus study guides plus about fifteen other things. Which is kind of sad. I heard someone say once, outside his classroom, that he should be restricted to like one tree a day. Which is what most teachers do. It's insane. I mean, he said that we should get notebooks, but less than half the pages I've used in my notebook are dedicated to study stuff. Well, more than half, but you get my point. He needs to let us use the paper we already have.
If you haven't noticed, I do random topic changes a lot because I have way too much time on my hands. Like just now. But let me ask you this-what ELSE am I supposed to do? I haven't got a life. I'm serious. For me, it's eat, sleep, homework, tae kwon do, repeat. And sometimes acting. And school. So....yeah.
See this is kind of weird for me to write this much. Usually I rarely say more than like six sentences in the course of an average school day (because all of my friends are epic chatterboxes...not really but still, rarely will there be a time when I volunteer information), but here I am writing like five gazillion paragraphs. This is unusual, even when I'm in writer's mode. Well, not when I'm in writer's mode. When I'm doing that I can write like five pages in one sitting. (I'm exaggerating on a lot of stuff, by the way). But, unlike when I'm writing a story, I can like totally spazz about stuff that I feel like spazzing about, whereas in a story, I'm not allowed to spazz unless my character is. Which sometimes isn't fun because sometimes the character isn't anywhere near having a spastic moment.

No comments: